Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why I love this city...

So as I was approaching my building on the way home from the park today, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a restaurant called the 'Ludwig van.' Now, since the name sounded, well, a little familiar to me.... I decided to investigate, in hopes of perhaps finding a new restaurant for dinner, to take the place of the dozens of tuna on rye sandwiches I've consumed in the last several weeks. To my surprise, it turned out to be a restaurant occupying a building where Beethoven once lived! From 1822 into 1823 to be exact. It was well marked with a beautiful carved plaque above the door.

I find it amazing to be continually discovering little places like this EVERYWHERE I go in Vienna. This place is literally one block from where I am living. Just another reason why I love this city..

No comments: